Who is responsible for saving you in a crisis?
You are! Hone your situational awareness so you can recognize threatening situations and learn how to avoid harm before it happens. Cultivate a survival state of mind.
What is the one thing you can tell your children to keep them safe from predators? Trust Your Instincts!
Where is the safest place to park your car? In a well-lit area, as close as possible to the entrance.
General Tips to Employ When you are out and about:
- Carry yourself with confidence
- Avoid electronic distractions
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings
- Use reflective surfaces or mirrors to your advantage
- Be aware of changes in your environment
- Don’t do anything at night you can do during the day
- Be mindful of hidden messages your car’s bumper stickers may send
- Verify bus and train schedules
- Verify ride-share driver and license information
- Do not leave valuables unattended in your vehicle
- Avoid engaging in high-risk behaviors
- Use an RFID wallet/card guard to protect your data
- TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS
You will find more detailed information about these and many other safety topics in the Be Aware Book.
Have a Safety Related Question?
Click here to send us a question. We may use your question for an article!